TL-WN821N V4 Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WN821N V4 Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WN821N V4 Speed issue
TL-WN821N V4 Speed issue
2015-11-09 18:56:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I do not understand why my internet connection via TL-WN821N V4 does not comply with is specified by the manufacturer. They say this device can reach up to 300 Mbps, but in reality hardly achieve 144Mbps.
Let me explain what I did so far, but first I’ll tell you my PC configuration and off course my wireless router.

Pc config.
Motherboard: Asrock H97 Pro4
Processor: Intel I5 4590

RAM: 8Gb
HDD: Seagate SSHD 1Tb

And my router is ASUS RT-N18U which is enough for 300 Mbps band deliver from my Romanian internet provider.

What I did:
I tested this device on both port USB 3.0 and 2.0 with extension cord and without it, in the same room where the router is and after that in next room with a wall between. In any cases the speed was 144 Mbps top.

I did something wrong?

Please help, any idea is most welcome.
Thank you in advance
Ps.
The driver that I use is what windows 10 provide automatically but I tested with the latest original driver from TP-Link site and there was no better result.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN821N V4 Speed issue
2015-11-11 23:05:50
Wow :confused: antibody ??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 1

Related Articles