TL-WDN4800 drops connection after 5 minutes every time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-09 20:07:10
Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Driver Version: 10.0.0.274

I recently bought a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter for my Desktop Computer with the intention to use it for a little Wifi Network (I deploy my Mobile Apps over WIFI to save the USB port)

Now every time I use the Soft AP mode it turns on as it should (sometimes gives me a "Failed to configure ICS" message), my device will connect after a while but after 5 or so minutes all data transfer will stop and it will appear on my PC to be disconnected from the device (device still shows connected but cannot seem to talk to the PC and vis versa), after this happens I then have the time on my life trying to get it to work again, it can take a lot of reboots to get it to even connect to the Adapter again.

I have the latest drivers and Utility installed from here: http://uk.tp-link.com/download/TL-WDN4800.html

Running on a MEDION MS-7800 with Windows 8.1 64- bit with a AMD A8-5500 APU

I have re-installed the Utility and Drivers more times than I can count, I have also done some Googling and it seems a few people are having the same issue as me.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 0

Related Articles