Archer c7 multiple PPPoE logins

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-11 04:20:54
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have Archer c7 wifi router and for the past several months I have been getting DSL sync losses, mostly at night. My ISP provider tells me they are getting multiple simultaneous PPPoE logins from my end, even though I only have Archer c7 login in and my modem (TP Link 8616) in a bridge mode. No other dialers or devices present that would have the credentials to login into my ISP PPPoE. When I remove the router and just connect the modem in routed mode, the problem seems to go away, so I'm suspecting it's the Archer c7 router that is causing the issue by doing double logins. Is there anything in the settings I can change to limit one PPPoE login per session? Thank you in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c7 multiple PPPoE logins
2015-11-11 15:28:35
1. if there are many PPPOE connections , the ISP can see the MAC address of each connection, if all MAC addresses are router's WAN MAC, maybe the router has some problem.
2. when the router do PPPOE connection, the system log will record the process, check the log you can know how many dial-up process was done.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1033

Replies: 1