WA901ND v3 - Can 'Access Point' mode be seemless?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-12 20:02:27
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have installed my WA901ND v3 to improve wireless reach in a mission we built in Peru. It works well and really like the POE option for flexibility in installing. However, I am wondering how to make it 'seemless' or if I even can. I choose AP mode instead of Repeater mode because I have it wired to the downstairs router and repeater only seems to extend wireless signals which are weak where I need it to work.

Right now, as someone goes from 1st floor to 2nd, they need to switch wireless addresses to use the AP installed for the upper floors. I see that there is a different product which does what I want over Power lines, but I would really like this device to work 'seamlessly' over the internet cable if possible.

Actually, after reading more on the internet, I just tried making the SSID's the same on both the router and AP, obviously ensuring the security selection and password were also identical as well. And seems to work fine. Perhaps I was just needing advise from TP-Link's brochure on the pros and cons of doing so, and assumed that it could not be done or shouldn't. Anyway, this seems to be fine, there is a handoff as I walk up the stairs, so it's not perfectly 'seamless' but that's fine.

Please advise if I am doing anything I shouldn't, or if there is some tuning or whatever other recommendations for the best seamless AP installation.
Options
1 Reply
Re:WA901ND v3 - Can 'Access Point' mode be seemless?
2015-11-16 14:18:54
I have got a WA901ND too.In my experience, if you make the SSID the same and the security selection and password were also identical as well,you can reach your request but it may have a short handoff when you switch between the SSIDs. So I think it wouldn't be seamless but if your client perform well ,the handoff time would be very short so that you can't feel it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 1