Network & Sharing problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-16 20:54:01
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everybody,

I am from France and i will try to describe my problem with my best english words.
I bought this router : http://[URL="http://www.tp-link.fr/products/details/cat-9_TL-WDR3600.html"]www.tp-link.fr/products/details/cat-9_TL-WDR3600.html[/URL] and i installed it this way :

Livebox (router) <--- Ethernet 1GB ---> WDR3600 (wifi access)

The link is done by ethernet port (1GB cable), not by WAN, and my WDR3600 is used as wifi access point. It works really fine, i have a great 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network.
The problem i met is when i share files between my computer and other devices connected to the Livebox (when connected to WDR3600 it works fine). Look at this schema :

Livebox (router) <--- Ethernet 1GB ---> WDR3600 (wifi access) <---- Wifi 5Ghz ---> Desktop PC (sharing files)
aaaaa| | aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa| |
aa Wifi 5Ghz aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Wifi 5Ghz
Device (can see the aaaaaaaaaa Device (can access the Desktop PC shared files)
the Desktop PC on the
network, but can't access
its shared files)

So to summary this, if i try access shared files, it will only works if i am connected directly to the WDR3600 wifi.
Also, i have configured my WDR3600 with a static ip 192.168.1.201 and i disabled its DHCP to let the Livebox DHCP manage IPs (works fine, all my devices have a 192.168.1.x IP).

Last point is that this problem happens with Plex Server (can't see my local server) or happens in some other applications like ES File Manager (Android). ES knows there is my Desktop PC (it shows it with good IP), but can't access the shared files (works only if i am connected to WDR3600).
The problem does not happen with a windows device (computer), i can access shared files from WDR3600 or Livebox.

Finally, i can only access my shared files if i am connected on my WDR3600, or if i am accessing shared files with a windows computer.
So please, I need your help to solve this problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 0

Related Articles