TP-WA890 - no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-17 03:35:37
Model : TL-WA890EA

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just received my TPLink WA890 and am having some problems with it.
The WA890 is connecting fine to the WiFi network (have tried with WPA2 and no security and both yield the same results).

Any device I connect to any of the ethernet ports shows 'no internet access'.
I configured my WA890 to have a static IP via DHCP on my main router - the WA890 picks that up OK
I configured my PC to have a static IP via DHCP on my main router - the device is correctly assigned that new IP address when connected through the WA890.
That suggests that the WA890 is communicating with my main router as it is getting the correct IP and the device connected to it is receiving the correct IP.

I have configured the end point with a static IP and the gateway of the WA890 and the main router but I still have no internet access.

i have tried setting the band on the WA890 to 5GHz but the same problem exists - no internet.

From my PC I can ping ANY other device on my home network if it is connected via ethernet to my main router or via my switch. However, I cannot ping the IP of my main router nor any point past the main router. DNS resolution is not working either.

Help!
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-WA890 - no internet access
2015-11-17 10:23:53
First, could you connect to the main router's WIFI and surf the internet? Just confirm whether the setting in the main router is right. Then see the status in the WA890 interface to check whether it is connected. Could you send me the screenshot? And draw the topology clear for me. The normal topology is Internet---main router ))) ((( WA890---computer(-----is cable connection, )))((( is wireless).
Also make sure router\WA890\computer are in the same subnet if you set static IP, you can set dynamic IP in computer to see whether it can get IP from router.
Options
Topology diagram as requested
2015-11-17 18:46:32
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have attached the topology as requested which also contains a screenshot of the WA890EA.
File:
WA890EA Problem.jpgDownload
Options
2015-11-18 11:49:09
The topology is right. And TP-WA890EA is just used to transform the wireless to wired. So could you eliminate the TP-WA890EA first, you just let laptop connect the WIFI of the Draytek 2820 to check whether it can surf the internet. It is the important step to check whether if the 890EA problem or the former issue. If it still can surf the internet, you need to confirm whether the setting in the main router is right. Just do more try.
Options
2015-11-18 15:09:54
just try again.
Options
No Internet via TL-WA890ea
2016-01-27 18:25:25
I want to warn you about the TL-WA890ea device. I have the same problem as described above. Everything configured correctly, but only local network available, no internet connection (TL-WA890ea claims that the gateway is not accessbile, which is NOT true because the connected devices even get the gateway adress and the IP adress from my router).
Once, without changing anything, I just restarted the TL-WA890ea, and had internet access for half an hour or so. But then it was blocked again. All other devices within my network (approx. 20) which connect directly to my linksys router either by wlan or by lan work properly. Those which are connected to the TL-WA890ea only have local network access. It is definitly a problem of the TL-WA890ea with seems to have major bugs.
Options
2016-01-29 16:34:53
Update: I checked the setup with different devices connected to the LAN ports of the TP-WA890 bridge: For all devices the same result: Local LAN connection OK, but no internet access. This is really very strange. I have the Linksys WRT54GL Router with Tomato Firmware (Shibby; version 121). Even when I disable all security features, the devices connected to the bridge have no internet access. Any idea?
Options
Re:No Internet via TL-WA890ea
2019-01-22 15:06:55

did you ever find a solution?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 7

Related Articles