MAC filtering doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-18 22:06:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model: TL-WA5110G

Dear All,
I connect my devices to the router through MAC filter. It was working well till I entered a repeater. during this process i reset my router to factory setting many times (as trial) then I started my network with the same MAC filter (plus repeater MAC address). Now many devices can access my network, even with MAC filter !!!

Do you have any idea about what happened or how to solve ?
Options
2 Reply
Re:MAC filtering doesn't work
2016-07-01 16:45:47
Each device you own comes with a unique media access control address (MAC address) that identifies it on a network. Normally, a router allows any device to connect as long as it knows the appropriate pass phrase. With MAC address filtering a router will first compare a device’s MAC address against an approved list of MAC addresses and only allow a device onto the Wi-Fi network if its MAC address has been specifically approved.

custom essay writing service
Options
Re:MAC filtering doesn't work
2016-07-11 16:38:41
Either MAC filtering mode is pretty trivial to bypass because MAC addresses are not a permanent identifier, and they're always transmitted in the clear over the air. So, anyone can change their MAC address to whatever they want as well as see the MAC addresses of any device in range.Writing services are guaranteed to get high confidentiality and maintain students privacy.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1910

Replies: 2

Related Articles