N600 Gigabit router only provides 200 mbit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-20 02:29:46
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

I'm new here as you can see, just here to ask a simple question what makes me think for days now. I recently bought a TP-Link N600 Gigabit router, just in case if it will be available, I could upgrade my connection to 1 gigabit bandwidth. Now, this time has arrived, my ISP finally have 1 gigabit connection and I fastly upgraded but... the sad part: my router can only transfer 200mbit, metered by speedtest.net. If I plug the cable directly to my PC's backpanel, it can go up to 800-900mbit! So, I assuem that the configuration of the router may be bad as I'm not an expert of networks and such, still I'm not a digital caveman.

What should I do? Where to check if something is bad in my router? I really need to be through that router cause my gf wants the wi-fi veeery badly. And I want my gigabit connection to enjoy it in its real glory.

Please help me!

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Same thing
2015-11-24 04:44:02
WRT3600. Exact the same problem and vendor ignore it. Have 2 routers, no responses and 100 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps in WAN. They don't care about it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1