Archer T9E with Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T9E with Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer T9E with Windows 10
2016-04-26 23:43:38
Not sure why others are having issues. I installed this card around Christmas and I am see 100MBytes/s speeds which I am loving.
Options
2016-04-27 17:16:45

Brimur wrote

Not sure why others are having issues. I installed this card around Christmas and I am see 100MBytes/s speeds which I am loving.

That's simply your local connection speed between the wifi card and your router

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and see what you get as that's where the problem occurs with the useless TP Link drivers
Options
2016-09-23 20:29:34
Just cant see any 5ghz networks...

I'm using the 7.35.333.0 and my router is na Archer C7 ac1750, My SSID for 5ghz has a diferente name, my phone can connect to both.. But my win10 pc only see the 2.4ghz..

It's frustrating, isnt it?

Does anyone can really see 5Ghz networks using this adapter on Windows 10?
If so, how did you made it?
Options
2016-10-07 11:20:58

erichds wrote

Just cant see any 5ghz networks...

I'm using the 7.35.333.0 and my router is na Archer C7 ac1750, My SSID for 5ghz has a diferente name, my phone can connect to both.. But my win10 pc only see the 2.4ghz..

It's frustrating, isnt it?

Does anyone can really see 5Ghz networks using this adapter on Windows 10?
If so, how did you made it?

I got mine working by installing the same drivers that Brimur is using. Not the ones from the TP-Link website they are terrible, download the ones that somedude linked and try the versions out till you find one that seems to work for you.

On another note though, ever since the Windows 10 anniversary update my internet has been doing really strange things... unstable at times, really slow other times and sometimes normal. Anyone else finding this?
Options
Personal experience from a user
2017-03-06 18:52:30
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread, here is the current situation with this device:

* The v6.30.223.228 driver distributed by TP-Link is for Windows 8.

The "V1_151026" driver is referenced as a Windows 10 driver but this is not the case. The device is recognised as a 802.11n adapter, although it does reach 1.3Gbps as it's supposed to. I haven't noticed any major instability using this driver on Windows 10 though, it seems reasonably safe to use it.

Download links: EU, USA

* The v7.35 driver series is the correct one for Windows 10 .

Probably the better choice. With this driver the device is recognised as a 801.11ac adapter as it should be. I've had success with v7.35.333.0 and v7.35.338.0 found on station-drivers.com (thanks @somedude!), but not with v7.35.344.0 which seems to be for a different set of devices.
If you prefer to download drivers from trusted sources, you can use the driver for the ASUS PCE-AC68 adapter, which uses the same BCM4360 chip as in the TP-Link Archer T9E/T8E.

Download link (includes both EU and US)
Options
Newly installed T9E
2017-03-10 09:03:49
Just installed my T9E and ran a Speedtest from my Googe Fiber 100 connection.

Speedtest.net (Ookla)
Download 92.73
Upload 97.25

Driver details: TP-LINK 802.11ac Network Adapter
Driver date 2/5/2014
Driver version 6.30.223.228 (Is this the latest?)
Provider Broadcom Corporation

Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 1300/877 (Mbps)

Ran supplied CD provided with product and connected to my network without difficulty, but could not find Configurartion Utility that was supposed to have installed on my Windows 10 PC. When I attempted to run the setup file for it, the message popped up "Cannot run this program on this Operating System." Since TPLink eliminated the Configuration Utility from its Windows 10 installation this information had to be gathered from several sources. Downloaded latest driver from TP Support site, but no way to point it to driver installation unless I use the Device Manager from within Windows. This is apparently the only way. Support should notate that for customers. See http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-920.html

When you go to the TPLink Support site for downloads, you will note that the T9E driver for Windows 10 is labeled " Archer T9E_V1_151026". I don't know the source the previous post came from, but it works for me.

In Windows 10, hold down the Logo/Start key + X- select Device Manager. Under Network Adapter(s) select the T9E and choose Update Driver. Point it to the above Archer T9E_V1_151026 and run it and it will report back that you already have the latest driver (if you installed the 6.30.223.228 version)
Options
2017-05-11 23:48:01
Hi Everyone - New to the site and am glad I found this thread. Having trouble with my T9E. Windows 10 and have an ASROCK Z97 Pro 4 motherboard. The T9E was working fine when my PC was Windows 7 professional and using the drivers that came on the CD with the T9E. Then I decided to upgraded my graphics card from a Nvidia GeoForce GTX 970 to a GTX 1070 and do a windows upgrade to 10 at the same time. Windows 10 does not even recognize that my T9E is even in the system. I downloaded the TP-Link windows 10 zip file - Archer T9E_Vi_151026 and there is only 1 file in the zip file - a setup file. When I try to run that setup, the installation freezes windows 10 and the only choice is to do a hard boot. Then when windows comes back up, it is corrupted and I have to a completely new Windows install! Very frustrating! So I don't want to run that setup again and take a chance it will corrupt my windows 10 again. How can I install these Broadcom drivers that are mentioned by @somedude? Can I even install them if Windows 10 is not even seeing the T9E under device manager? What would you guys do?

Thanks!

Steve
Options
2017-05-12 11:16:41
So I went ahead and installed the Broadcom driver that somedude recommended and IT WORKS! My T9E was immediately recognized in Device Manager as a Broadcom wireless adapter and I connected to my 5g wireless router at full speed. Thanks SomeDude!!!
Options
Change the channel on the router and in the T9E Settings
2017-05-15 21:03:02

macmuchmore wrote

I installed a T9E in Windows 10 and it is working, but not at AC speeds. Do I need to do anything to enable this (yes I have an AC router)?
I had the same problem, solved it changing the channel of the 5ghz network into the router and into the drivers settings of T9E.Try the channel 36 in both... AC net does not work in all of them for some reason in windows 10.
Options
2017-05-16 03:58:04

somedude wrote

Various driver problems have been widespread among many wireless AC cards, especially when trying to use them on Windows 10 x64 systems. For whatever reason, the Broadcom based wireless LAN cards have been a real trainwreck following the release of Windows 10. I for one am buying an Intel based card next time I need one. Until then, t he Broadcom reference driver works a lot better than the manufacturers for several makes of wireless card, including Asus and Tplink. The Archer T9E is a BCM-4360 based card.

Broadcomm BCM-43XX Wireless LAN driver 7.35.333.0 WHQL -- http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1955&lang=en

This driver works perfectly for me, got rid of numerous issues with the manufacturers driver. If it isn't quite right for you, you can also try searching for the older Broadcom wlan driver 7.35.295.2, which also worked perfectly for me.

Doing a google search for either of these will lead you to discussions of the relative merits of the various Broadcom reference driver versions available.

Thanks very much for this driver, it fixed another problem i was having with T9E. Since I bought it, in july last year, i was having problem while gaming, I found out that everytime I run a graphic-bound application (game or benchmark) my connection becames terrible. While I was just on everyday use of office and browsing the web the connection was excellent. First I assumed it was because the heat generated by the gpu (a gtx 770), but then I discover that before the gpu became barely hot my connection was already down. Then I suspect it maybe was a bottleneck on my motherboard. But then found out that althought the T9E is an pci-express card, it runs on a differente lane from the pci-e 16x of my gpu on my motherboard. I was about to ask for support when I saw your post and tried this driver. Got excellent pings on onlines games. Thanks man!!
Options