wn8200nd Station mode and Access point at the same time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-01 02:21:21
Model : Wn8200nd

Hardware Version : Ver: 1.1

Firmware Version : TL - WN8200ND V1.131119

ISP : Fibertel

Hi, my problem is this: I buy a wn8200nd to take wi fi from a router in the first floor, (im on a second), and its does perfectly... the problem is when
i switch the device to Access point... So i can take the wi fi from the first floor and repeat it in the second at the same time to use with a smartphone.
The wi fi received by the smarphone works fine until i demand it, like using youtube or something similar... Led of the wn8200nd stop blinking and the pc
freezes... the only solution is a hard reset in this case. The strange thing is that just occur on heavy demand, if i use the smart for whatsapp or facebook
it work fine and pc don't freezes.
I already tried reinstall cd drivers, drivers from tp-link page, realtek drivers but no luck so far...
Thanks.
Options
6 Reply
Re:wn8200nd Station mode and Access point at the same time.
2015-12-04 01:34:01
Hi, thanks for reply.
Well I'dot know... I just trying to do what this guy does in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IKm_5AYGM ) sorry but I don't find a video in english.
I do what he does and it work perfectly, until I demand the Virtual Wi fi port and my pc crash :c
Options
2015-12-04 02:34:08
Hi,

You may send a mail to support@tp-link.com explaining your issue. They're going to open a ticket for you. After a couple of days they should reply to you.

IMO, this device is not a repeater.
Options
2015-12-04 03:30:24
Oh i see thanks for that mail, i will send one.
Actually trying the driver
V1.13118 instead of V1.131119... If i get any news I will post them in case of being useful for someone else... Thanks again.
Options
2015-12-04 07:46:52
You're welcome :)

Here (Win 10 pro 64b), only (auto-downloaded via Windows Update) latest driver, works fine.

Older drivers (from CD, TP-Link or Realtec) have many issues and actually don't work at all.

Also here, Windows management of device is much better than TP-LINK one, which is an old app.
I've disabled "TWCU.exe" on start-up items and when I want to use it (actually never), I just open it from Start menu.
Options
2015-12-06 13:15:25
Ohh you was right... My pc is quite old and don't have instructions to run w10 x64, so i'm running the x86 version... Anyway I drop the old driver from the cd and the tp-link page and installed just the same of your screen and it worked! Now I can have my Virtual Wifi all day and working perfectly, many thanks friend you helped me a lot!

Options
2015-12-06 14:14:46
I'm glad to hear that!

So, it can be used as a (kind of) repeater with no issues. That's nice!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Regards!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 6

Related Articles