Archer C9 Parental access control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-05 01:32:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've spent a fruitless afternoon trying to use parental control to restrict my kids access after bedtime... nothing seems to work.:mad:

I've had a quick look on here and it looks like there are problems with the latest firmware?

Can anyone offer any help or advice please, cheers
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Parental access control not working
2015-12-06 03:54:13
Hi,

Sorry doesn't help but I have the same issue, it's one of the main features that I purchased the router for. Hoping that TP Link can provide a resolution for quickly.
Options
2015-12-10 16:06:18
Hi,

After a couple of emails with TP Link I've got this working, basically:

Select Advanced tab
[*]Select Parental Controls
[*]Add device
[*]Set access times - Highlighted areas show the times when the restricted applies. e.g. Green block on Sat 12-13 will mean no access during that time
[*]Click OK to save the settings
[*]In content restriction at the bottom of the page select Whitelist radio button - There no need to add A Domain Name.

Worked for me hopefully you'll have the same joy.

Thanks

Dageth
Options
2015-12-11 20:11:20
Thanks Dageth, it works! Tplink support advised me to use access control... even though they moved those functions to parental control in their own firmware��
Options
2015-12-12 03:36:14
No problems Griz, glad it's sorted out your issue.
Options
2016-01-07 01:14:04
Hi Dageth, how you do it can you guide me ? i have this problem and cannot been solve. sad....
Options
2016-01-07 13:42:53

ken70 wrote

Hi Dageth, how you do it can you guide me ? i have this problem and cannot been solve. sad....

btw when you set the green block is on or off ?
Options
2016-01-11 22:04:54
Hi Ken,

Details are further up in this thread, with regard to the green block they are when you want to prevent access.

Thanks

D
Options
Thanks Dageth!
2016-02-15 13:01:17
Finally got the parental controls up and running....after struggling with DHCP not working. New firmware needs to address several bugs: 1) allow spaces and special characters in DHCP descriptions. 2) green blocks should mean "allow" or change blocks to "red" for disallow. 3) blacklist and whitelist is confusing for the average user, Add third option to "block all activity".
Options
2016-08-11 17:19:01
I've gotten whitelist to work. But how does blacklist work? Put "yahoo" in blacklist, but I still can access yahoo.comCan somebody explain this? Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1821

Replies: 9

Related Articles