Archer c9 vs Samsung printers - no connection!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-05 03:08:06
Model : archer c9

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : last - Oct 2015

ISP : Rogers Canada

Exactly same problem here.
My printer is Mx288 series, actually xpress M2885FW laser mono multifunction. Printer was working before with the hitron modem from Rogers, bought the archer c9 on black Friday, and got no connection. Signal from WiFi can be seen from the printer menu. Password is entered and no connection. By wps, no connection. Got in contact with Samsung. Waste of time, they know less tha the manual.

SUMMARIZING WHAT I TRIED AND IT DID NOT WORK:
-Turn off 5g
-Bring printer side by side to router
-Change 2.4g channels to 1, 6, 11
-Change to 20 mhz, 40 mhz and auto
-Install by USB cable or direct connect.
-Change printer's WiFi WPS to pbc/pin. Nothing.
-Turn off all firewalls on router and windows
-Turn off the internet connection.
-Update router firmware. Update Printer firmware as well.

The only options I did not try:
-Activate guest network, but I noticed it is not showing up, so I will give a factory reset on the router.
- Change bgn standards, but I can as other equipments rely on 802.1b yet. I could try N just as a test.
- Turn off upnp (does not make sense, but I can try).

Note: I can connect to the printer by ad hoc, can connect printer to the router by cable and USB. Works fine, but the office is far from the router, so I do not look for workarounds as this.
THE ONLY THING THAT DOES NOT WORK IS THE PRINTER TO ROUTER WIRELESS CONNECTION.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer c9 vs Samsung printers - no connection!
2015-12-06 02:45:08
What worked-Set up 2.4 Ghz GUEST SSID, then connect printer to that. Leave it on all times. Any lease time higher than 2 minutes is fine I guess.Will try other solutions, but it is sad. It must be something related to frequency or channels, b/c we don't set these up on a gues.
Options
2015-12-06 10:07:29
The only workaround was connecting the printer via a guest WiFi.
It must have something to do with channels, since we don't select them.
I hope tp-link takes note and fix it.
Options
2017-05-06 07:00:55

RafaC9 wrote

The only workaround was connecting the printer via a guest WiFi.
It must have something to do with channels, since we don't select them.
I hope tp-link takes note and fix it.

I found a solution for a different manufacturer's router in another thread that worked for me. The printer WiFi Direct needs to be turned off. This can be done if you have a front panel or through a USB with the Samsung Easy Print Manager under "Device Settings ->Advanced -> Network". Power cycle after changing. The wireless connection can then be setup using the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app.
Options
2017-05-27 05:29:35

DanEE wrote

I found a solution for a different manufacturer's router in another thread that worked for me. The printer WiFi Direct needs to be turned off. This can be done if you have a front panel or through a USB with the Samsung Easy Print Manager under "Device Settings ->Advanced -> Network". Power cycle after changing. The wireless connection can then be setup using the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app.

THANK YOU!!!

Worked for me
Options
2018-09-17 03:38:41

DanEE wrote

Worked for me with TP-LINK AC1200 router and Samsung M2070W printer!
Thank you!
Options
2020-10-06 20:35:12

Yes same here, nothing has change from last post.

Couple days ago I replace my ISP routher with Archer ax20 and everthyng went smoothly except today, when I tray my last device to connect to wifi network, printer Xerox phaser 3020. 

On ISP routher there was no problem connecting printer to wifi, but on ax20 only on guest network printer was able to connect, I try every single option and combinations. 

Then I stumble on this thread and turn off wifi-direct on printer and that wast it, success.

I guess that is better workaround then leaving my printer on guest network and allowing all guest permissions.

I wish some coud explain to me this behavior?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1448

Replies: 6

Related Articles