Not sure if TL-WA850RE range extender works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-06 00:42:57
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently got a copy of the 300 mbps TL-WA850RE range extender for my personal use. I followed all the steps and connected my laptop to the extender wirelessly (using the tplinkrepeater.net website) and then finished the setup. After i selected my main network connection, it loaded for about a minute and a half before displaying the message "could not find DNS server" (not sure exact words my along the lines could not recognize DNS server). The physical range extender had all the blue lights on, but the wireless button was flashing on and off. Does this mean it successfully connected? I have noticed a small increase in the loading speed, but they may just be the placebo effect. I ran a speed check at it only went up from 11.5-11.7 mbps. Any help would be appreciated
Options
2 Reply
Re:Not sure if TL-WA850RE range extender works
2015-12-10 17:38:21
It is normal for the wireless button to flash. You should focus the signal lights. How many lights are on and are they solid on?
Options
Re:Not sure if TL-WA850RE range extender works
2015-12-12 13:56:47
all the signal lights are on, and the wireless if flashing
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Related Articles