TL-WDN4800 suddenly not connecting...no Internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-23 21:35:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've had the [FONT=inherit]wireless TL-WDN4800 adaptor for 1 year and 9 months, since I built my PC. It has usually worked perfectly and problems are generally down to my own router but in the last week or so my internet has been 'acting up' and has at random moments suddenly cut off. I learnt that this was down to the adaptor suddenly not being registered as connected so I turned the adaptor off and on again and this seemed to get back the internet. However, this continued to occur, multiple times in a single hour and today the adaptor has completely cut off.

On the taskbar it is simply grey and has a red "X" on top - when I hover over it, a message just says "TL-WDN4800 Not connected" like it did previously but turning it off and on again fails to do anything. I have looked on the internet at suggestions such as installing a new driver for the adaptor but the latest available driver was the one that I already had. I tried re-installing this but still it did not work. I did the same for the adaptor's 'connection' and the "Wireless Configuration Utility" on the disc that came with it but neither resolved. I also changed the PCI slot that it was connected to as I heard this might help but it failed to do so. ++ I don't own and I am unable to connect an ethernet cable to my PC. For now it appears that I am completely unable to access the internet. Did it die or something? Haha. If so then could you please suggest another ideal adaptor or let me know if I should purchase the same one.
BTW, I used to have Windows 7 and when Windows 10 came out I converted to that but it has worked perfectly with 10 up until this point.
Here is my adaptor:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WDN4800-Wireless-Express-Adapter/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450818559&sr=8-1&keywords=tp+link+tl-wdn4800

& here is my PC build just in case (ah the
[FONT=inherit]memories of making this xD): http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ShiunTraze/saved/jznp99

a
nd if you have suggestions on what to do please write it out as a step by step guide, I'm not that knowledgeable with computers :)
Help would be appreciated though, I am finding this really frustrating!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 0

Related Articles