TL-WA850RE goes Limited Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-24 06:19:28
Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 140826

ISP : Movistar

It's been 6 months since I bought a WA850RE v1.2 with the latest firmware (v.140826). Everything worked fine at first, my router is downstairs and the range extender could receive 3 lines of signal.
Recently, about 1 month ago, connection appears as a "Limited Connectivity" with a yellow exclamation mark and I can't access the Internet on my mobile devices.
The range extender lights are flashing and I've to reconnect the range extender so I can restore the connection. This becomes annoying when it happens twice a day several days a week.

What is the problem? Bad signal? Problems with the range extender? Everything worked perfectly at first so it seems strange that it's a conectivity problem.

Looking for help. Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE goes Limited Connection
2015-12-24 11:45:44
It seems that "Limited Connectivity" and the flashing lights mean the router lost Internet connection.
Options
2015-12-24 19:13:16

Alan12 wrote

It seems that "Limited Connectivity" and the flashing lights mean the router lost Internet connection.

Thanks for your answer, should I relocate it?
Options
2016-01-04 03:58:18

Darius wrote

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 140826

ISP : Movistar

It's been 6 months since I bought a WA850RE v1.2 with the latest firmware (v.140826). Everything worked fine at first, my router is downstairs and the range extender could receive 3 lines of signal.
Recently, about 1 month ago, connection appears as a "Limited Connectivity" with a yellow exclamation mark and I can't access the Internet on my mobile devices.
The range extender lights are flashing and I've to reconnect the range extender so I can restore the connection. This becomes annoying when it happens twice a day several days a week.

What is the problem? Bad signal? Problems with the range extender? Everything worked perfectly at first so it seems strange that it's a conectivity problem.

Looking for help. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem with the exact same TP Link range extender. I can confirm that my problem isn't with the router but with the RE itself. Every so often, it will simply drop internet access while my PC remains connected to the RE. I have to reset my wifi adapter on the PC (i.e., disable/enable) to solve the problem. It seems to drop roughly every 30 minutes or so. The RE is getting a great signal from the router and the router performs flawlessly.
Options
2016-02-13 09:51:44
ryams27 did you find a way to fix that problem?

I'm having the same problem and reinstalled all the firmwares 4 times and my connections always drops in every 30 minutes
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1158

Replies: 4

Related Articles