TD-W8970 DDNS not logging in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-28 00:26:37
Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 140613

ISP :

Basically, the problem is that when i go to the ddns section of the administration page and enable it (the credentials were already filled in since i've been using it for a while) it stays on "Connecting" and after a while it returns to "Disconnected". The username and password are correct. The DDNS is no-ip.
Options
8 Reply
Re:TD-W8970 DDNS not logging in
2015-12-30 03:56:00
I saw thread with that issue, looks like bug in firmware. A few month ago I had W8970v1 and I hadn't problems with dyndns.org.
no-ip I didn't test.

Please report it here - http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Core/Default/Index
or in your country TP-Link support.
Options
2016-02-22 16:20:27
I have this problem on D9, I have installed the last Fw but the problema persist, The DDNS no-ip don't work and the status is "connecting" after put the credential. After click login button, the button login and logout are disable and the status is "connecting" ....
Any idea thank??
Options
2016-02-23 17:10:55

mat.passoni@gmail.com wrote

I have this problem on D9, I have installed the last Fw but the problema persist, The DDNS no-ip don't work and the status is "connecting" after put the credential. After click login button, the button login and logout are disable and the status is "connecting" ....
Any idea thank??

After a very loooong email exchanging with tp link we weren't able to fix the problem. Out of curiosity what is your ISP (don't really think it matters though)? Mine is Telecom Italia.
Options
2016-02-24 15:35:47
ISP provider is Telecom Italia. But the signal is perfect. I think that Tplink want disable no-ip. indeed the dyndns services works. Is there someone that have some prolem? thks
Note: I try to install 3 version of fw but the problem persists.

Anyway The tplink support is orrible (not to say bad words)!!!
Options
2016-02-25 16:34:28
Ok, so same ISP, same problem, could this be just a coincidence? By the way, i don't really think tp-link wants to block no-ip, maybe no-ip changed the way to update the WAN ip instead.
I'm wondering if trying this modem with another ip like Fastweb gives the same problem.

Some week ago i found on an Italian forum an update for the V1: "TD-W8970v1_0.6.0_2.14_150619". It has been posted by a user who claims to have received it by tp-link support.
Then i asked TP-Link if this could fix the issue. They replied me that this is a beta firmware and so maybe won't fix.

Firmware link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fy1lbh8c6i7xbe/TD-W8970v1_0.6.0_2.14_150619.zip?dl=1
I don't know if this is genuine, I'haven't tried yet however there shouldn't be issues since as far as i know the firmwares as signed, so it shouldn't be tampered.
Options
2016-02-25 16:38:47
Just found this: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?83997-Archer-D9-V1-Noip-DDNS-Error.&highlight=ddns

Don't know where is this user from but "Fabio78" seems italian to me. So maybe ISP problem?
Options
2016-02-26 17:58:29
Hi,
I don't think is ISP problem since if I use no-ip on my webcam firmware ddns it works, while if use on my TP-LINK Router it doesn't work.
So I think is more TP-link issue.

TP-link replied me to try enabling both dyndns (even with fake account) and at same also no-ip ddns account.
I didn't try since I solved using ddns on my webcam. But maybe some of you would like to try
Options
2016-02-26 21:48:26

digx wrote

Hi,
I don't think is ISP problem since if I use no-ip on my webcam firmware ddns it works, while if use on my TP-LINK Router it doesn't work.
So I think is more TP-link issue.

TP-link replied me to try enabling both dyndns (even with fake account) and at same also no-ip ddns account.
I didn't try since I solved using ddns on my webcam. But maybe some of you would like to try

Same, tp link also asked me to try a temporary no-ip account they provided me (didn't succeeded). Don't know when the issue started, I first noticed near 24-25 December last year when I re-enabled after I had disabled it due to inactivity. However I had been using DDNS on this modem for 3 months flawlessly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1185

Replies: 8

Related Articles