WDS bridge stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS bridge stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS bridge stops working
WDS bridge stops working
2015-12-29 00:35:56
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Argentina
ROUTER 1
Model : TL-WR841N
Hardware Version : v10
Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.55295n
ISP : Red Intercable Digital S.A.

ROUTER 2
Model : TL-WR740N
Hardware Version: v4
Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n

Hi!
i'm having problems with the WDS bridge between the routers. The main router is TL-WR841N (connected to the wan) and the secondary is TL-WR740N.
The bridge works fine but after some time (12 hours, 1 day) the secondary router has limited connection and i have to reboot the device to having it working again (meanwhile in the main router the connection works ok).

Some details are:
Both routers are in the same channel (11).
The wireless security is WPA/WPA2 (in both routers, and the password is the same)
The signal between the secondary router and the main one is 38dB.
When the bridge is working i can access to the main and secondary router from the browser. When is not, i can only access to the secondary (the one which i'm connected)
And no matter if the connection is working or not, the status of the WDS bridge from the web is always "Run"

Anyone has a clue of what i could do to avoid rebooting the router every day? :confused:
Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS bridge stops working
2015-12-30 03:48:37
WDS is very whimsical mode. For me better solution is Gargoyle on the second router and "Bridge/Repeater" settings. Work very good, very stable
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 1

Related Articles