Archer C7 - I cannot see my LAN-Printer connected via USB to the router in the network with my Andriod-tablet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 - I cannot see my LAN-Printer connected via USB to the router in the network with my Andriod-tablet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-31 05:44:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear reader

I have the problem that I cannot see my LAN-Printer, connected via USB to the router, in the network with my Andriod-tablet

I have installed the printer on the laptop-USB (pc-USB), then connect the printer to the router and installed the software "usb-printer-controller" and everything was ok.
On both windows-computer I can print.

Questions 01:
Why I need a separate programm (usb-printer-controller):confused:
Can I use a tp-link printserver for easier connection of the LAN-printer?
It is possible to install the printersoftware on the printserver?

Questions 02:
What shall I do that I can print from my android-tablet, because I have never found the printer in the network? Also not with some different apps.

Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

thank you and best regards
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - I cannot see my LAN-Printer connected via USB to the router in the network with my Andriod-tablet
2015-12-31 22:34:53
This is print server function not typical network print server - http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-415.html
You have to use software - TP-LINK USB Printer Controller only for Win 7,8, Vista, XP and MacOS
Options
Re:Archer C7 - I cannot see my LAN-Printer connected via USB to the router in the network with my Andriod-tablet
2016-01-02 19:33:41
Thank you for your help
I mean I use a printserver like this: TL-WPS510U

best regards and a lucky new year!
Options
2016-01-02 20:34:13
You didn't write anything about TL-WPS510U in your first post.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1067

Replies: 3