TL-WR710N can't resolve IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-01 20:34:44
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi to all and happy new year! :D

So, I have a TL-WR710N configured as WISP Client Router and I shared a folder (as network folder) in one of my PCs and tried to access it from another PC, but Windows kept me asking an username and a network password, which I figured out to be my username and password (I have the
same account in all my computers), but always told me they were incorrect.
After spending a looooong time trying to solve this, changing settings in Windows, trying this and that, I found the culprit: it's the TL-WR710N which causes the problem.
If I go in network resources, I can see the PC I'm trying to access (ASPIREONE), but not its IP (which is fixed to 192.168.0.3):

So, my thought is that, when I try to access the shared folder, it tries to access it as \\ASPIREONE\Shared_folder and, for some reason I can't understand, it asks for an username and password, while, if I try to access it as \\192.168.0.3\Shared_folder, it doesn't ask for username and
password.
I can see the method used to discover IP addresses is NetBIOS.
I tried to edit the hosts file (located in Windows\System32\drivers\etc and manually assigned 192.168.0.3 to ASPIREONE, and it worked, it didn't ask me username and password accessing as \\ASPIREONE\Shared_folder.
By the way, I also created a homegroup to share files and folders in one of my computers, but I couldn't see it and join in the other ones.

I have other devices, as the TL-MR3020, configured as WISP Client Router, with the same exact settings of the TL-WR710N, which don't give me the same problems (I can see IP addresses, join homegroups...) - Please note it uses WSD instead of NetBIOS:

I'd just like to know if others have the same problems, starting with not seeing other computers IP addresses in network resources. I think there are no settings I can try to change in the TL-WR710N. :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 0