Problem connecting TL-WA901ND access points to UK plusnet router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-03 01:15:29
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, first post here. We've had a couple of WA901NDs workings as wired extension access points for two or three years and they worked satisfactorily with a BT Homehub 2 and BT Broadband but when we recently switched to Plusnet (a BT subsidiary) while the broadband connection using the supplied Plusnet router (Sagemcom 2740N) works fine, when I connect the TP Links, I get an internet connection then it drops, and will only return intermittently for a brief period (e.g., one google search) before it drops again. The TP Links still work satisfactorily on our separate BT Broadband line on a BT Homehub 5. The old BT Homehub 2 works fine with the Sagemcom router as dumb wired access point.

Is this a known problem, and if so are there any suggested fixes, or if not, any ideas where I might start looking to trace and fix the problem?

Many thanks

CRT
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem connecting TL-WA901ND access points to UK plusnet router
2016-01-06 10:48:37
What's the version of your device? Did you upgrade it to the lastest firmware?
Options
2016-01-07 05:27:11
my suggestion is to reset the router i had faced the same issue but it has been solved when i have done reset
Options
2016-01-07 19:34:44
Thanks both. I've reset the router to no avail. The device version is 2.4 and I will have a go at updating the firmware when I've worked out how.
Options
2016-01-08 05:32:35
OK, this is good. Updated firmware and reset the Plusnet router and it now works fine. But...now a new challenge with my slave hub which I will now post about separately. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 758

Replies: 4