Unable to access sonfiguration page of tplink WR702n

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-03 19:29:58
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am unable to access configuration page of tplink WR702n (version unclear). I've had it knocking around for ages, but want to set it up as in client mode for my Bluray player. It works fine in AP mode when connected to BT HH5 woth infinity, but no matter what I try I cannot access the configuration page. I've got it hooked up to my Acer laptop running win 8.1 via ethernet, Network diagnostics say that "Ethernet doesn't a have valid Ip Address'. Every time I try to connect to http://192.168.0.254 I get told that the page is not available.
Can anyone be kind enough to advise?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to access sonfiguration page of tplink WR702n
2016-01-04 15:58:31
Thank you for that, but I did find the solution ... set your PC/Laptop to a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.10 (as an example). For the uninitiated, this is done via your Network settings in Control Panel (for more info on this see Windows Help). Now open a browser and type 192.168.0.254 and press enter and you will see the router configuration screen."
After doing that, I got to the page hurrah! I set up the router to client mode, disconnected same from laptop, then changed the laptop back to usual find IP automatically settings.
Options
It's work!
2016-12-16 20:04:48

figrat wrote

Thank you for that, but I did find the solution ... set your PC/Laptop to a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.10 (as an example). For the uninitiated, this is done via your Network settings in Control Panel (for more info on this see Windows Help). Now open a browser and type 192.168.0.254 and press enter and you will see the router configuration screen."After doing that, I got to the page hurrah! I set up the router to client mode, disconnected same from laptop, then changed the laptop back to usual find IP automatically settings.
Thanks! This solve my problem in IP Configuration Failure when I'm trying connect TP-Link to my smartphone.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1460

Replies: 2