Will tl-wn851nd wireless card work with windows 10.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-07 07:23:36
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I have a tower computer with no wireless card which is running windows 10, I have a TL-WN851ND wireless card from a tower that was running XP Does anyone know is it compatible with windows 10..
Thanks in Advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Will tl-wn851nd wireless card work with windows 10.
2016-01-20 00:15:22
Yes it will work in Windows 10. I ended up using the Windows 7 driver from TP-Link in my Windows 10 install because all of the other AR9227 chipset drivers I tried in my computer would cause the computer to lockup hard. Don't install Windows 10 to your computer with the card in place.
Options
2016-01-21 09:11:06
How? I have the same Wi-Fi card and am having difficulties. I put it in a PCI slot and downloaded a driver from the site, but it can't detect the card. Can you direct me to the right driver to use to get it to work. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. Thanks!
Options
2016-01-22 02:04:30
The TP Link driver I used is here. http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WN851ND.html#Driver

I went in through the Windows Device Manager and pointed out the driver I wanted to use in the folder I downloaded from TP-Link; I didn't use the installer included in the folder. I used the Windows 7 64bit driver.

IF your computer isn't detecting the wireless adapter then you likely have other issues. Make sure the device is seated in the PCI slot properly. If it seems to be seated properly then make sure there is no dust in or around the PCI slot with a can of compressed air. If the card is working (as in not broken) and is seated properly then your Windows install should try to install a driver. Don't let Windows download a device driver for you in this case. It could possibly lock-up your computer. If you have the TP-Link wireless card utility installed on your computer then uninstall that program as it's not compatible with Windows 10.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2713

Replies: 3

Related Articles