Weird disconnection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-07 07:55:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HI,

I have Archer C20 V1, with Archer C20_V1_151120 firmware installed. The issue is, when I connect my windows 10 laptop to my router through wifi, it disconnects the internet after certain minutes. app 30 minutes. I then have to switch off and on the wifi again through settings. This happens only through wifi connections and that too with Windows 10 installed.

I checked it with another laptop with windows 10 and the same issue persist.This creates issues with WDS bridging as well. (I have another WR740N and set IGMP v2 in C20. I am certain that this must be a bug or compatibility issue with laptops with having Windows 10.

When I checked it through WIndows 7 laptop, I do not face any issue neither through my Android phones.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Weird disconnection issue
2016-01-11 13:47:52
Have you changed the lease or channel settings on the router?
Have you changed any of the default settings on Windows 10?

I have Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 as well as Android and IOS mobile devices without drops in connection
Options
2016-01-13 05:40:48

Almaretto wrote

I have Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 as well as Android and IOS mobile devices without drops in connection

Nope. I have reset the router and used all the channels in manual mode and in auto mode.

Nope. I have even reinstalled my OS and it's the same issue. I do have a TPlinks WR740N router and it is not creating any issue while connecting with this laptop.
Options
2016-01-13 17:56:58
Are you still connected to router or are you completely kicked off network when internet disconnects?
Options
2016-01-14 19:02:51
It still shows connected but when I try to access 192.168.0.1 router, the page doesn't load. Then I have to switch off Wifi (laptop) and then switch it ON again for the internet to work. In the beginning, I thought the issue could be related to WIFI software, I reinstalled the drivers, Reinstalled OS but none of the combination worked. When I connect with my other router WR740N, the wifi works smoothly. FYI, I have connected WR740N to LAN port of Archer C20 and accessing WR740N router through WIFI. This way, the internet works without any issue.
Options
2016-01-15 05:14:30
what is your main router or modem ??
and your isp ?
Options
2016-01-15 19:40:25

hasan_abbas84 wrote

It still shows connected but when I try to access 192.168.0.1 router, the page doesn't load. Then I have to switch off Wifi (laptop) and then switch it ON again for the internet to work. In the beginning, I thought the issue could be related to WIFI software, I reinstalled the drivers, Reinstalled OS but none of the combination worked. When I connect with my other router WR740N, the wifi works smoothly. FYI, I have connected WR740N to LAN port of Archer C20 and accessing WR740N router through WIFI. This way, the internet works without any issue.

So you are cascading the routers? Do you have DHCP enabled on both or just one? Are you using both the dual-band C20 and the single band WRT740N?
Options
2016-01-15 19:43:01
What you are describing sounds a little like an ip conflict issue, but I am still trying to think about what Windows 10 property would cause this kind of issue.
Are you able to login to the router with a Windows 7 or Android device when you lose connection from a Windows 10 system to see who's connected?
Options
2016-01-16 15:18:56
Do you get any particular error when troubleshooting connection?
If it is "One or more network protocols are missing," you could try an elevated command prompt with "netsh int ipv4 install." There are also some other winsock reset commands, but it depends on what the issue is.

It may also be Windows 10 driver incompatibility.
http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11584-no-internet-access-how-fix.html
Options
2016-01-16 21:24:54
1. My Main router is Archer C20
2. Yes, I am using Archer C20 (192.168.0.1) dual band (but I have deactivated 5GHZ band) and WR740 (192.168.1.1).
3. I have changed the LAN address for both. So, there is no possibility of Conflicts. If there was a conflict, then the connection wouldn't work for all the devices and not just for my windows 10 laptop.
4. DHCP is enabled on BOTH. I tried deactivating it for both one by one, but none helped.
5. Yes, when I lose connection from my Windows 10, I can't login from the same laptop but I can login from my other computers and Android devices.
6. Drivers are updated, I first check the connection with Windows 10 default drivers and then with the drivers provided by my HP laptop.
7. It will just says that Internet connection is unavailable. It will show the WIFI as connected to the router. But then when I just switch OFF the wifi and switch it ON again, the connection starts working.
Options
2016-01-17 16:45:01
When you toggle the wifi switch to you reconnect with a new ip?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 10

Related Articles