How to connect WA901ND to slave router/hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-08 05:41:12
Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Plusnet

So, after a few wrinkles in getting my WA901NDs running on Plusnet (see other thread), I'm now trying to use one of them connected by ethernet (with POE ideally) to a slave router (old BT Homehub 2) itself connected by ethernet to the main Plusnet router. The idea is that the slave hub operates as a wireless access point in one part of the house and also as a switch to connect to the WA901ND as a wired access point in another part of the house. The old BT hub works fine as an access point but when connected to the WA901ND (either POE or with separate power feed) via one of the ethernet ports on the back of the homehub we get internet connectivity for a short while then it drops. Firmware has been updated on the WA901ND. Can anyone tell me whether what I am trying to do will work or do I need a separate ethernet splitter or switch?

Many thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 0

Related Articles