TL-WA901ND system led blinking after reset, no network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-18 22:11:58
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a TL-WA901ND and I was using it as a repeater.
Yesterday, I wanted to configure it as a router. I accessed the router through the browser and changed its IP.
After the system reboot, the system led wouldn't stop blinking (+- 1Hz), and I could not connect to the router network (I tried using wireless and cable).
I then tried resetting it, and got the same result - system led blinking, I can see the router setup wireless network, but I cannot connect to it (wireless or cable).

I tried checking the results from ipconfig, and I haven't been given an IP for the network. I've also tried using arp -a to check the connected devices in the network, but there were none.

Coincidentally, I have also got a TL-WR702N, and I'm having exactly the same problem after I reset it - cannot connect to the network. The only difference is, this router hasn't got a system led.

I've tried using two other computers to connect to the routers, with no success.

Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND system led blinking after reset, no network
2016-01-19 09:14:01
Your device is a V3 version, right? You can see the UG of page number 3 that the system led blinking means unit working normally: http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-WA901ND_V3_UG.pdf
The reason why you can't access it is because the Ethernet port is a WAN port. In router mode you can only access it via wireless method. So try more times.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3860

Replies: 1