RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection
2017-02-22 12:38:36

renifer wrote

Factory reset did not work for me...... :(

In your main router . Do the 2.4G and 5G same SSID and password ?
..If "Yes", Change 5G side SSID name and password which is difference on 2.4G.
Next reboot the Main router . After Main complete reboot then reboot the Extender.
Options
2017-04-19 05:09:34

redstoneqq wrote

In your main router . Do the 2.4G and 5G same SSID and password ?
..If "Yes", Change 5G side SSID name and password which is difference on 2.4G.
Next reboot the Main router . After Main complete reboot then reboot the Extender.

No, the SSIDs are different.

I have returned the faulty RE450 but I was sent a replacement against my wishes (I wanted money back) so I set it up and several hours later it's already playing up. (no errors yet but my phone keeps saying network has no internet) This is really tiring...
Options
2017-04-22 03:13:45
Update to the above: For the last few days I've been using the RE450 in this set up: 2.4Ghz network from router set up, but NOT 5Ghz (skipped in settings.)
I haven't had the above issues since - still early days though so we'll see...
Options
2017-10-07 06:58:09
Having the exact same thing range extender stays connected, looses internet, brought this a week ago, the ONLY setup that has been stable for me for more than a few hours is:

Router TP link TD-W9980
- Broadcasting on 2.4g (20mhz) and 5g (40mhz) bands
- With different SSID's
- Channel fixed to 6 for 2.4
- Channel fixed to 40 for 5
- All dhcp - no reserved

RE450
- dhcp off
- static ip outside of router dhcp range
- connection made manually from the setup in the ui

Please god dont disconnect as soon as i finish typing as i have no other options other than take it outside and set fire to it, have tried everything else. Up to 24 hours and counting.

Stu
Options
2017-10-08 06:24:36
Hi Stu,

I could not ever get mine to work properly after several attemps with technical support and my cable provider. I'm going to purchase a mesh system which should fix the problem but ultimately is much more expensive.

Brian
Options
2017-10-18 18:42:09
According to the release note of the latest official firmware, tp-link have already fixed the 5GHz compatibility issue with Asus AC87U router.
Quote:

Bug Fixed:
Fixed the bug that 5GHz wireless band can't be connected to some ASUS routers and Singtel routers.
Options
2018-01-15 22:55:26
Hi there,

I'm in similar position to most of you here. I have an Archer C9 (V1) with the latest firmware and I bought an RE450 (v2) thinking that having two TP-Link products I will avoid any configuration issues.
Bad luck, the extender keep losing the IP no matter what configuration I've tried. I've tried assigned IP from the router, only static for the extender, increased the lease to 48hrs, nothing works.
Both devices are in latest available firmware and the current (non-working status) is
Router (Archer C9):- Broadcasting on 2.4g (auto) and 5g (auto) bands
- With different SSID's
- Channel auto for both 2.4g and 5g
- All dhcp - no reserved

Extender (RE450):- dhcp off
- static ip outside of router dhcp range
- connection made manually from the setup and in high mode (aka receiving only at 5g, transmitting on 2.4g and 5g. I have also tested with transmitting only to 2.4g)

I will give it a try with fixed channels and fixed bands but having read what others have said in this forum I'm not hoping for a solution.

It seems that there is an issue with the extender's ability to keep asking for it's IP.

BTW the disconnection problem is only solved if I reset the main router (Archer C9) who provides the DHCP and not with a reset of the extender (RE450)

TP-Link needs to come up with a stable firmware for either the RE450 or the Archer C9, as i have no clue anymore whose fault it is!!
Options
2018-07-04 15:29:31
Options
2018-08-01 18:25:02
Anyone figure out a solution? Support can you please let us know whether you intend to address the problem?
Options
2018-08-03 16:47:49

CelticStar wrote

Anyone figure out a solution? Support can you please let us know whether you intend to address the problem?

Disconnection issue with RE450? latest firmware? tried a fixed channel on your main router?
Options
Related Articles