Opening TP Link Print Controller Pauses Printer on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-27 23:37:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an HP Envy 4520 connected via USB to my TD-W8980 router (using latest firmware). On my Windows 7 PC, I installed the printer then then added the printer to the TP Link Print Controller (I have been using it with an old HP Deskjet F300 so I deleted that one and added this new one). Prints fine. Scans fine.

On my Windows 10, I did the same. I was able to add the printer within the TP Link Print Controller software and it's connected successfully (shows auto-connected). Without the TP Link software, I can connect the printer directly via USB and prints fine.

The issue on Windows 10 is that as soon as I open the TP Link Print Controller, it changes the printer to Paused and this cannot be unchecked. As soon as I try and print a test page, a message pops up that the printer is paused, no print job appears and nothing happens. I can only print if I connect via USB directly and do not open the TP Link software.

Something in this software is causing the printer to pause. With the TP Link software fully closed, the status of the printer shows Not Connected. Open TP Link, Paused.
I was able to use this software with my old HP Deskjet so I don’t understand why this is not working.
Options
7 Reply
Similar issue
2017-05-09 00:24:18
I have a similar issue. (AC1750; HP Laserjet 1300) In my case, everything worked fine with Windows 10, until I reinstalled Windows with a new hard drive. Now, I have to leave the USB Print Controller open before I print. When I print, the printer is paused but then automatically un-pauses and prints. If the Print Controller is closed, I just receive an error.
Options
Re:Opening TP Link Print Controller Pauses Printer on Windows 10
2017-09-18 07:08:37
I'm having the same issue with a Brother HL-2140.
Options
EPSON L360 KEEPS PAUSING when used via ARCHER C9
2018-08-13 11:26:58
Desktop Computers run Windows 10, CAN Print and Scan WIRED without any problems.

Utilized the router's USB Port and installed the Printer Controller app. Still prints though a couple of seconds slower despite the "Paused" status in the notification - it Unpauses by itself but PAUSES BACK as soon as the document has completely printed.

It evidently works - the pc and the printer communicates thru the router but is somehow disabled for other printer services such as Head Cleaning, Power Ink Flushing, etc.

This can only be a software programming issue which should be FIXed by changing a few command lines.

If you, TP-Link, will not fix this real soon, we will NO LONGER RECOMMEND any of your products to our clients.
Options
2020-06-21 16:17:09

I have the same issue, but i suppose that's the method the print controller uses to have time to intercept the printer spoll and redirect it. 

Sometimes the message appears, but in a few seconds the print job starts normally.

Options
2021-01-27 15:11:53

@luvsql 

After years, looks like this issue is not fixed, I still having this problem in 2021.  But my case is still not too bad, I can still use the printer even it is shown Paused, it will print the jobm and the status will turned to Paused as soon as the printing finished.  And yet this can be fixed manually, in the USB Printer Controller Software, If I delete the auto-connect, connecting the printer manually everything will be fine, the printer no more showing Paused.

Options
2021-01-31 11:14:17

@luvsql I deleted the auto-connect and now instead of paused it shows printer is off-line. I have the same problem of others, printer always paused but prints jobs when requested. All other services like monitor printer toner cannot be done. TP-LINK dont really sell USB printer server on its routers, it sells a workaround to have the printer working on the network.

Options
2021-02-01 08:25:15

@luvsql Initially I was thinking to buy a USB only printer, and making use of this TP-Link printer server function of my router.  But now I think I need to get a proper network printer.  After few days of trials, I realized that the print server will stop by itself after some period of time.  I will need to manually reboot the router for the print server to come back alive.  This is no way to achieve a proper network print functionality.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2116

Replies: 7