TL-WR841HP big drop in speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-28 22:05:23
Model : TL-WR841HP

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.15.2 Build 131119 Rel.36304n

ISP : cyberindo aditama CBN

When I do a speedtest direct from the internet provider by LAN cable, before the TP Link WiFi router, I get 10Mbps download speed.
When I do a speedtest after the TP Link WiFi router I get 1.5Mbps download speed.

The WiFi router is 10 months old. When I first installed it I got good speeds but since a few weeks it has considerably dropped.

How can I fix this?
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WR841HP big drop in speed
2016-01-29 11:31:20
I managed to fix the issue myself after doing some more research online. I will share it below just in case it is useful to someone else.

http://www.tp-link.co.id/faq-468.html

I went into my user interface. Opened Wireless->Wireless settings and then changed the channel from Auto to #1. That didn't work so I tried #6 and then #11 and both didn't fix the issue either. I then saved the channel back to Auto and for some reason my speed went back to normal.

Problem solved for me.
Options
2016-01-29 13:32:08
Have you random reset if you see things of heavy traffics.?

I have router TL-WR940N , and WR740 in my work.
always the wifi disappiers, when is overcharge video stream as Youtube or other videos or download things of Big File as 1Gb . all device get disconnects in my office work. why all tp link is a poor products and bad quality. very bad
I've always had complaints all TPLINK devices. and I'm still having problems with recently purchased new.
i also have RANDOM RESET

this is my post i have much post if you like to see.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?85461-All-firmware-or-Ranger-is-so-bad-deficient.

ALL PRODUCTS TP LINK IS REALLY REALLY BAD , They ignore us, they dont pay attention.only like sell yours poot products and steal money and they do not want to take responsibility to solve this.
all people have this same situation.
Options
2016-11-05 19:21:03
Well, I moved to WR841HP after I had speed problems with other routers (like Audio Codes). I was recommended tp-link. My speed problems improved, in a way, but not enough. Now I read that tplink are bad -So what is really a good product?
Options
2016-11-06 01:37:20
If speed drops over time, there must have been some changes in the environment (e.g. more WiFi cells around your living place or some other devices causing interference such as bluetooth or even microwaves, which are all utilizing the 2.4 GHz frequency band). Be aware that interferences can lead to considerable lower speeds negotiated between the client device and the WiFi AP. Building an optimal WiFi network can be a real challenge. You will have to consider channel selection, WiFi standards, type of antennas, correct placement of the AP etc. TP-Link devices are no exception to this and I would not blame the device for problems arising over time, especially if you already noticed an improvement of TP-Link routers over other brands.

To get best WiFi speed out of any brand of WiFi equipment, try to find the best WiFi channel (the one which isn't overloaded with other WiFi routers) and play with the available standard modes (e.g. 802.11g only in a 2.4 GHz environment or 802.11a only in a 5 GHz environment instead of mixed b/g/n, resp. a/n modes). Also, restrict channel width to 20 Mhz, use WPA2 AES encryption, reduce (!) WiFi signal power, change location of the AP and so on. You also might use one of the free WiFi analyzers for measuring quality or even free programs to produce WiFi heat maps showing the quality of your WiFi cell graphically.

Hope this helps. If not, contact TP-Link support, they are surely glad to help you further.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1126

Replies: 4

Related Articles