WDR4300 does not work with Maxis Fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-30 22:50:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model WDR4300
Firmware TL-WDR4300_V1_130612(VLAN)_My
Modem - Huawei HG8240
ISP Maxis Fibre

I bought a new WDR4300 last week and have been problems connecting to my maxis fibre, it says connecting but it does not connect after setting it up using maxis mode. Numerous calls to maxis fibre technical support did not help as after multiple trials they mentioned this model may not be compatible with maxis fiber and they requested me to change to ASUS. I called TP link technical support to check on this and to my surprise the TP link tech support guys also suggested me to change to ASUS if i am using maxis fibre. So i am now wondering why on earth is TP link promoting this router as compatible with UNIFI & MAXIS FIBRE. Does anyone else had a simlar issue with this router? if so did you guys manage to fix this issue. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

If nothing works i am going to take it back to the shop where i purchased it and replace it with some other compatible router. Also any suggestions on which alternate dual band routers do i get for maxis fibre will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDR4300 does not work with Maxis Fibre
2016-01-31 17:57:31
Sorry I don't know Maxis Fiber ISP so please explain me technical specification of your internet connection. Do you have a modem (fiber/ethernet) from ISP? Can you say something about WAN configuration (authorization in ISP network).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1

Related Articles