Printer HP 4720 + TP-Link Wireless Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-02 21:05:20
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good afternoon,

I have a problem with printing and scanner.

I have an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Printer Multifunctional Ultra 4720 that works great on PC via cable.

However, for distant rooms I use a TP-Link 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender TL-WA850RE and laptops connected to it do not print or scan.

Please note that laptops that are connected to the wireless network via router without going through the TP-Link extender, for example, in the same router room, can print and scan normally.

In short, the problem is with wireless TP-Link extender. As it creates a parallel network, believe there is failure to communicate with the printer.

Someone experienced similar problem and could solve?

Thank you!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Printer HP 4720 + TP-Link Wireless Extender
2016-02-03 16:52:42
have you tried to connect both the printer and laptop to 850RE?
Options
Re:Printer HP 4720 + TP-Link Wireless Extender
2016-02-04 18:21:43
Hi curry.hei,

In fact, I haven't, as the printer is on the router side and, by that, it automatically connect to the router.
I was wondering if there is any firmware update or other kind of configuration to solve this problem.

Anyone?

Thanks and best regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1804

Replies: 2