Clock icon TP-Link Touch P5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-03 22:26:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm using the TP-Link Touch P5 as an accesspoint and looking for the clock icon, but it's not showing up.:mad:
When I read the user manual I think the clock icon only shows up when using the device as a router. The display also doesn't show the clock function if the device is not in use.
Is it a bug in the firmware (I have the latest installed) or what's the reason for not having the clock-function in accesspoint mode?
Options
1 Reply
TP-Link Touch P5 Access Point - Workaround for getting the Clock function
2017-02-27 22:05:17
It appears that if you use the Mode Option to set up the router as an Access Point, TP-Link chose to disable the clock function. That and few other icons are removed from the home screen. Not sure why as something like the clock function would be nice. However there is a workaround. Simply keep the Mode Option set to ROUTER, and then manually set it up as an Access Point as you could do with any extra router. Set up this way, the icon and option to use the clock function remains. Remember too that when you set it up manually, you will now have to switch the incoming network cable from the WAN port to one of the LAN ports. But that's it. Here's a link to an article outlining the steps to manually set-up another TP-Link router as an access point. Follow these simple steps and you're all set :cool:: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-417.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 1