TP-LINK WA850RE 2 ft max range and stops giving internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-04 09:47:51
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Well, the title says it all.

The modem is completely configured, the signal is good (not too far away from the modem and pretty close to the destination). The software is updated. The Channel of my extender and the modem is not overloaded (I'm the only one in channel 3)

I get great signal coming from the modem to the destination, 3 out of 4 bars. But the thing is, if I am 3 feet away from the repeater, the internet gets as slow as a snail. I'm not even trying to tell what happens if you're 7 meters. I just don't get internet, or it's as slow as Dial-Up (5 minutes to load a 50 second video at 144p) and if I try to get into the repeater when I'm farther than 3 feet, it doesn't connect. No matter how many walls (0-2) there are in between.

It's really frustrating, because I expected this to be the end of my internet poor connection when one floor above. Worse thing is that I get great signal, and the signal the repeater gets is also great, and it happens even if it's like 2 feet away from the source modem and I go farther than 5 feet.

I'd like a solution because I'm pretty disappointed.

Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK WA850RE 2 ft max range and stops giving internet.
2016-02-05 17:44:43
If there are walls between them, maybe the powerline adapter product is a better choice.
Options
Re:TP-LINK WA850RE 2 ft max range and stops giving internet.
2016-02-06 08:31:40

curry.hei wrote

If there are walls between them, maybe the powerline adapter product is a better choice.
I'd love to believe that. However it happens when there are no walls in between too. It's really frustrating because I purchased a second one, and the same thing happens.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 579

Replies: 2