Initial Set Up issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Initial Set Up issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Initial Set Up issues
Initial Set Up issues
2016-02-04 23:43:01
Model : RE200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Model:RE200 (UK)Ver:1.0

Initially attempted to synch to BT Home HUB via WPS. Seemed to have accepted.
Both 2.4 and 5 G were showing as available wifi networks on mobile devices

TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz
and
TP-LINK_Extender_5GHz

are the networks showing.

However, when attempting to access those networks, I was asked for a password. I tried both my BT password and "admin" but, unsurprisingly, neither of these worked.

As such, I looked to troubleshoot, which led me to the GUI option. I have followed the instructions.

Attaching the extender to my laptop via Ethernet and connecting via either IP or by the tplinkextender.net does not work. (If I turn wifi back on and go to 194.168.1.254 IP it connects to the BT interface, so I undertaking the correct process). The TP-LINK Extender networks continue to show on my mobile devices when attempting to access through the GUI, but cannot be seen on my laptop.

I've also tried looking up the DCHP on my router - I cannot ascertain from information available there which IP is specific to the extender, but have tried all the associated peripherals: process of elimination was no more successful.

I can't help thinking that I've missed something. Facts:

1) WPS appears to work initially
2) Networks are available for the extender (both 2.4 and 5G) on my mobile devices
3) The GUI option for config is not picking up the extender

What do I need to do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Initial Set Up issues
2016-02-05 17:07:50
If the wifi name of re200 is TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz and TP-LINK_Extender_5GHz after wps, it means wps failed. The wifi name should be the same with your router after a successful wps.
Options
Re:Initial Set Up issues
2016-02-06 19:58:11
Yup, that's my problem: I can't get it to pick up the WPS, and even when I attach it to a laptop via Ethernet it won't display the GUI. As such, at the moment the extender is completely useless.What can I do to resolve?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 2