Piggybacking a TP-LINK AC750 Archer C2 on a Sky SR102 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-10 19:10:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After reading 100 s of posts on this and other forums can someone please confirm that what I propose doing is correct as I am now more than a bit confused.(Not difficult for us pensioners)
We are on a Sky Unlimited Fibre service using their SR102 Hub. Along with a lot of people we suffer from poor wireless speeds.
I am not interested in ditching the SR102 but piggybacking a TP-LINK AC750 Archer C2 Cable Router onto it,or another model if someone could suggest one if it gives better wireless performance and is not too expensive.
I am not interested in gaming or Port Forwarding, whatever that means, just general web browsing, email etc.
Will the AC750 Archer C2 be easy to set up? Is there an easy guide to piggybacking?
I belive if I setup the TP Link with the SR102 SSID and Password my wireless devices should connect automatically, is that correct?
Do I leave my currently hardwired devices, 2 Sky + boxes connected to the SR102 or move those connections to the TP Link as well?
I will then turn off the wireless function of the SR102.
I am not sure what DCHP is or what I should do about it can I leave it as it is?
I would really appreciate any help with this as a bit disappointed with Sky Fibre at the mo and have had no problems with TP Link equipment in the past.
Regards.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 0