Orsp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orsp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Orsp
Orsp
2016-02-12 09:20:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 5 TL-WA901WD access points throughout the house, how can the host name of the WAP'S be changed to something else, there is no option to rename as I have had in other WAPs.

As they are dispersed through different floors areas. I would like them to be logically named to the area they cover.

What I see in WIFI sniffer is TL-WA901ND, TL-WA901ND, TL-WA901ND, TL-WA901ND, TL-WA901ND.

I would like to name them
e.g.: NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST, LOFT

Olivier
Options
5 Reply
Re:Orsp
2016-02-14 10:20:00
Do you know how to get into the management page of the 901ND? After you get into it, you could find the Wireless option in your left side, then click on it and choose the Wireless Settings. Then you could change the wireless network name as you like.
Options
2016-02-15 09:14:02
Dear johnson,

only access I know is through the web interface, did not see the management page only tools, mind you its not SSID that I want to chage but the default name of the unit.

I have TL-WA901ND V3 AND V4, two of each, what i have found out that they randomly lock up, specially the version 4 APs and require a reboot, possibly that they all have the same host/AP name, usually not very welcomed on a network.

orsp
Options
2016-02-15 11:02:46
Do you mean that connect your PC to the AP and it found the network name of TL-WA901ND? Or you use some other method such as SNMP/CDP?
As far as I know, there is no access to change the name of device on TL-WA901BD.
Options
2016-02-15 20:22:43
if you use e.g. inssider program or any other wifi mapping program i will see 5 WAPS all named TL-WA901ND,
other brands that I have used e.g. netgrear, cisco, dlink, linksys, you can name each unit with a unique name say "living room", "shed", "bedroom 1". "bedroom 2" "loft" and so on.
I can than troubleshoot knowing which area is involved, otherwise its totally wasted exercise and highly confusing. It also seems coincidentaly that these units intermitently lockup and require a power off reset to clear the problem, similar to a duplex IP address when one ip address block the other IP address.
When all WAP units are switched off bar one, there are no lockups and wifi works faultlessly
It seems that reprogramming by TP-Link is required to write this feature in so each wap host can be renamed with a unique name.
I am forced to go and buy different brand to achieve this, needless expence at ver least.
Not Happy Jan.
Options
2016-02-16 09:03:09
1. Didn't your inSSider show the result of each wireless network based on different SSID like the below?

2. What's the IP address of each APs? Seems like there exists an IP conflicts.
3. As far as I know, device name is typically use in centralized control utility or NDP and this is not a generally requirement for most user so I don't think TP-LINK's R&D will add such feature.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 5