TP-Link Archer T8E constantly dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-13 00:41:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Device Archer T8E
Windows 10.
Latest T8E drivers

I recently updated to windows 10 and at the same time purchased a new router as well. The problem is not in the router, as other devices work well with the router 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

2.4Ghz signal is good but 5Ghz is very poor, 1-2 out of 5. Router is only 5-8m away, other devices all have 5Ghz signal to the max, even next to the T8E.

I use command prompt with command:

[CODE]ping neti.ee -t[/CODE]

and I can see that the signal drops for 5-10 seconds, comes back up, then drops in 30 seconds and constantly is having troubles.

I discovered that my PCI-E was in force gen1 mode and I put it in force PCI-E gen2 mode witch made the connection stable after windows did some updating and now the problems have resumed.

Disabling and enabling the T8E in Device Manager seems to have stabilised it a bit, but I still see a caps in the connection
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 0