USB Storage problems with TL-WR710N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-14 00:21:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I'm using a TL-WR710N device in client mode to give internet access to my Xbox. I've also attached a WD My Passport Ultra 1TB hard drive.

I try and use the hard drive to store my videos / music which I play through the Xbox using a wired connection.

When I initially connect the HD, the router finds it easily. However the connection keeps dropping after 10 minutes. I click rescan but it's unable to find any devices - yet the light on the HD is still illuminated.

Is there an internal setting on the TP-Link that automatically puts the HD into sleep mode even when you're transferring files over? I'm also trying to use it as a media server which might be causing problems?

Also - file transfers over wifi seem to be incredibly slow. We're talking 2MB/s. Is this normal?

Many thanks,

G
Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Storage problems with TL-WR710N
2016-02-21 19:32:24
In my opinion better solution for multimedia is NAS. For example Zyxel, WD, Synology, QNAP
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 1

Related Articles