TL-WA901ND and TD-W9980 combined guest wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-18 05:21:49
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I think I maybe attempting the impossible, and should have bought a more expensive router, but here goes.

My TD-W9980 router is set up with 'Guest wifi', this is fine but doesn't have the range I need. Let's say it has "Router_Wifi_1" and "Router_Wifi_Guest" as SSIDs.

I have a TL-WA901ND access point that supports VLAN. With this I can set up up to 4 seperate Wifi VLANs which I believe segregates them similar to Guest Wifi. Let's say I have "WAP_Wifi_1" and "WAP_Wifi_2" as SSIDs.

Is there any way I can combine the networks of "Router_Wifi_1" and "WAP_Wifi_1" together, and combine "Router_Wifi_Guest" and "WAP_Wifi_2" together please?

Also, as I move around I have to disconnect from one wifi, and manually move to the other which has better signal strength. Would setting the SSIDs to be the same make this automatic?

Thank you very much for your time,

Russ
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND and TD-W9980 combined guest wifi
2016-02-23 16:25:50
No, it doesn't support.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 1