TL-WDN3200 doesn't work with 5 Ghz at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-20 10:02:45
Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

ISP :

Hello,

I bought a TL-WDN3200 dual band adapter. Immediately I started to have problems to connect with my 5ghz wifi. I was using Windows 10 and had to install the driver available in TP-Link site because the CD that came with the adapter only works until Windows 7
After installing, I rebooted and it found 5ghz wireless and connected with no problem.
It was working fine. Until I had a BSOD in a few hours (bad_pool_header), that Windbg says was probably caused by fwpkclnt.sys. Since then, I had two or three BSOD's by day and sometimes when I rebooted/turned on my notebook, the 5ghz wireless wasn't found. I had to rebooted once or more to find it again.

After some searching, I found that TP-Link hasn't yet released a specific driver for Windows 10, even though it was released in July (almost 7 months ago), and the old driver was most certain the cause of the BSOD's
When the adapter wasn't plugged or connected to any wireless (2.4 or 5 ghz), I had no BSOD.
Some people in other threads in this forum told that installing other drivers could made it work fine, so I tried.

[*]Driver of T2U for Windows 8.1. http://www.tplink.com/en/download/Archer-T2U_V1.html#Driver
[*]Mediatek driver http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/usb/

Both seem to have worked for a lot of people.
I don't remember exactly wich one I tried first, but neither have worked. Actually they made it even worst. Before, I was able to connect and use 5ghz wireless, with the 2-3 BSOD/day
After, I'm able to see 5ghz every time I turn on my notebook or plug the adapter. But when I try to connect, the following my occur

[*]TP-Link Utility and Explorer.exe seems to freeze. Taskbar, notification area, clock, right clicks on Windows related stuff, the list of available networks, device manager... nothing will work until I unplug the adapter or reboot Windows. Oh, and when I unplug it, everything comes back to normal, even actions I made while freezed are made.
[*]The freeze happens, but after a few seconds the adapter unplugs itself and plugs again very quickly (it disappears from device manager and appears again)
[*]The connection is established, but:
[LIST=1]
[*]it has no internet (yellow triangle in the icon, cmd -> ipconfig show it hasn't acquired the right IP). Already tried to manually assign IP, and although it appears in cmd ipconfig, still no internet)
[*]it acquires IP automatically, but still no connection (and sometimes ends up in #2 above)

[/LIST]
I didn't now even how to begin looking for solutions with Google for this kind of stuff... I tried combinating drivers, updating them, reverting, unstalling and starting from zero, but nothing worked. I wasn't even able to return to the first stage, with 5ghz working but BSOD's
Then I tried doing a clean installation of Windows 8 and it went from not finding 5ghz to the 3 cases above.

I also tried installing the adapter in my frinds notebook with windows 8. With generic "plug and play" driver, got no 5ghz. Also tried to update it from windows device manager and still no 5ghz. I haven't tried the others drivers because I didn't want to bother my friend any longer.

I strongly believe that the adapter is faulty, but I want to make sure before going back to the shop to trade it.
Can someone shred a light over this, please?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WDN3200 doesn't work with 5 Ghz at all
2016-06-06 12:08:00
Install these, it'll work with the 5ghz connection

The medialtek link you posted are the drivers that do work. I'm using them

The TPlink and win10- drivers dont support the 5ghz connection. I've got the same adapter and had the same prob

You dont need the utility the mediatek install installs. Uninstall the drivers again and reinstall them without the utility

The 8.1 drivers from the TPlink site MAY work in 8.1 but they definitely dont work in Windows 10 for 5ghz

What firewall is installed? If it's Mcafee remove it, it's rubbish
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1434

Replies: 1

Related Articles