How to set a static ip for TP-LINK TL-WA801ND Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-22 10:38:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I bought TL-WA801ND Access Point two or three months ago for solve my Wi-fi connection problem. It's too hard to connect my Wi-fi from another room. So I bought an AP and set it as Repeater. It would work fine but sometimes I can't connect Repeater. Actually, I can see the wi-fi signals on my phone or laptop but can't connecting web sites/whatsapp etc etc. It doesn't happen everytime. How can i fix that? Maybe It's because of IP overlap.
Another thing, when I connect the router and if there's not IP overlap, I lost connection per 20-50 minutes. I think it's because of IP refresh or something. I'm not able to play PS4 because of that.
Could someone help me? Thanks.
Greetings, JFNash.
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to set a static ip for TP-LINK TL-WA801ND Access Point
2016-02-23 16:22:47
Maybe you need to upgrade the firmware of your TL-WA801ND, and you can see the ip address of your TL-WA801ND in the client list of your router. What‘s more, please make sure that the access point can get the signal of your router well.
Options
2016-02-24 10:05:17
How do you check is there an IP overlap?
All your description sounds like that the connection between repeater and router is unstable.
And this may caused by obstructions. Since you are in a room, there must be walls in the way of repeater and router so when the connection of this two device loss, you can visit internet.
For test, next time you couldn't access internet, Ping the repeater and router and show the result for us.
http://www.tplink.com/en/faq-425.html
Options
2016-09-07 02:34:01
Up

stupidbird wrote

How do you check is there an IP overlap?
All your description sounds like that the connection between repeater and router is unstable.
And this may caused by obstructions. Since you are in a room, there must be walls in the way of repeater and router so when the connection of this two device loss, you can visit internet.
For test, next time you couldn't access internet, Ping the repeater and router and show the result for us.
http://www.tplink.com/en/faq-425.html

When I ping my repeater, reply is "Destination host unreachable".

I'm trying to access my repeater's Wi-Fi signal, but an error appears and it says Wi-Fi signal is too weak.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 3

Related Articles