Throughput Monitor in WA901ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-27 09:19:45
Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2.4

Firmware Version :wa901nv2_en_3_12_16_up(130131) (last version)

ISP :

Hi, I'm sorry by my poor english.

I would like to know what the throughput monitor tool in that acess point measures effectively. Considers the relay data, header, all the overhead or only useful data?

I want to use this measure to validate a research, and need to know what data is included in this measure from throughput monitor.

Thanks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Throughput Monitor in WA901ND
2016-02-29 15:55:34
The throughput is measure with what you mean only useful data.
Nobody will calculate the wireless overhead.
Options
2016-03-07 05:26:31
Thanks for your reply.

I understand the concept of throughput.
However the question is whether the tool found on the access point applies it correctly or measure all wireless data arriving or leaving the access point without differentiating whether they are retransmissions or control data.

Generally all measurements that realize the throuhgput the tool has above actual measurement shown on client machines.

Example 1 : Running a measure speedtest.net the client machine has 20Mbps measure the site and the tool presents 25Mbps data.

Example 2: running Iperf to measure the throughput of the WLAN in only one channel 20MHz the client machine has an average of 89.7Mbps but the throughput monitor shows average of more than 100Mbps.

In both cases there is no other device connected to the access point in addition to the client machine.
Options
2016-03-07 11:06:19
As far as I know, the wireless overhead of frame is near half of the whole data. And what I mean of wireless overhead includes control and management frame. So in example 2, if you get 89.7Mbps of WLAN speed the whole throughput of WLAN is at least double times that nearly 180Mbps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 3

Related Articles