Android devices cannot connect on TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-28 04:11:45
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.

I have bought two TL-WA850RE devices and on both of them I am facing the same problem. No Android device can connect on this devices (I have tried with Samsung S4, with Samsung Tablet Pro 10 and with LG G3). On all of them I get the error "Failed to obtain IP address". Note that I am not facing this problem with Windows Laptops or with WDTV. It seems that the problem is only with Android devices.
Please note that I can overcome the issue with the failed IP address if I activate the DHCP server on the extender but unfortunately the extender does not allow me to set up in the DHCP parameters the Gateway as my router/modem. Unfortunately the extender puts by its own its local IP address as a result although I receive successfully an IP address I cannot get to the internet since the default gateway is wrong. Can you assist on fixing this serious problem?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Android devices cannot connect on TL-WA850RE
2016-03-01 15:04:21
May be you can try the newest firmware on the UK company website of TP-LINK.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 1

Related Articles