C50 VPN won't connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C50 VPN won't connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C50 VPN won't connect.
C50 VPN won't connect.
2016-02-28 18:33:02
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
I have a Archer C50. I have followed all instructions about how to setup the VPN but nothing happens.
I go to 'network' - 'wan', then change to PPTP, enter 'user name' and 'password', Dynamic IP, then input 'Server IP address', then press 'save' at the bottom.
Once this is done the little arrows go around in circles near the connect/disconnect buttons but when the arrows stop the connect button becomes solid.
No error message at all.
Also as soon as I press save the internet light on the router goes orange instead of green.

One other problem (not sure if it is the router or not), I connect a USB hdd 2T to the router. I connect with WD media player but it reads some files as audio instead of video files (mainly mpeg_4). I have connected the same hdd directly to the media player and it reads every file with no problems. I have also tried connecting another hdd to the router but still get the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 0

Related Articles