Archer C7 - USB sharing with FTP server can´t upload files, only download

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-03-03 20:35:48
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hi there. I have a strange issue with the USB sharing service. There is an external HDD on usb which is working fine on my home network. I can download/upload and streaming media files to my devices. Great. BUT, when i am outside, i can access those files via FTP with some ftp clients, downloading to my work PC for example, but the strange thing is if i try to upload some files to the attached HDD on the router it gives me an error (access denied)!!
I tried all kind of security settings on Archer´s configuration but nothing helps.

What am i missing here? Could be an security issue on the HDD? I tried also with a normal USB stick on USB nr2, and getting same error ( downloading ok, but no uploading files to)
I really need some advice, as i need to upload some files from my work remotely to the HDD attached to the router...

Any help??

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - USB sharing with FTP server can´t upload files, only download
2016-03-04 05:47:45
Ok guys, for feature reference i just let you know that i solved this issue by changing the ftp port from default 21 to 20 to be able to upload files remotely to ftp server...

Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1571

Replies: 1

Related Articles