TL-WDR4300 - Backup and restore functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-03-30 17:22:35
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Sirs,

I would kindly ask - when the backup and restore functionality will work as intended?
It is obvious, that this function should be usable during upgrading the firmware.
I just wanted to upgrade firmware in my router to newest firmware available, but, ridiculously, the configuration saved in previous firmware version cannot be restored after upgrade!
I could understand it, if there would be only limited number of configuration options and parameters, but in my case, I have few dozens MAC addresses in WiFI MAC filters, several virtual server and port forwarding setting, and many others. I have backup function that I cannot use, and it is unimaginable for me to configure all that things again - it is just waste of time.
I think you should think about creating a tool which converts saved backup file to be compatible with newest firmware version, at least.
Preferably, newest firmware should be able to read and apply any backup file, created in any previous firmware version.

I'm looking for your answer.

Kind regards,
Michał
Options