TD w9980 VDSL modem router combined will not connect via wifi with windows 10.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-11 01:31:01
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi
I have the above router / modem combined which is configured to accept UK VDSL settings. (xDSL)

I have had the router running perfect for about 8 months with not connection issues.
Suddenly, the router will not connect to the internet via wifi with my windows 10 computer. I can see I am connected to the wifi and the router is broadcasting. It will just not connect to the internet !
I can connect to the internet with my other devices such as my spare laptop, my iphone.

I can also connect to my nieghbours router via wifi and access the internet fine from the windows 10 machine. The problem seems to be connecting to the internet via the TP Link router.

I have done all the obvious troubleshooting steps which have included.
Resetting and installing new drivers.
[*]Restoring using system restore.
[*]Rebooting the router - Hard resetting the router - setting it back to factory defaults with a pin and re entering my IPS info.
[*]I have removed all anti virus and firewall software.

The router is running fine as my other devices can connect to the internet via Wifi
This windows 10 machine cannot connect to the internet although it is connected to the router via wifi. ( I can see the wifi connection in the right corner, just with a yellow ! telling me no internet)
I can connect to my neibhbours router and access the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be ?

Kind regards
Millie aka Beachy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 0

Related Articles