Roaming fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Roaming fails
Roaming fails
2016-05-12 14:25:36
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I use my M7350(UN), version 1.09, hardware version 3.0 on Vodafone UK and it works fine. It is a monthly contract.
My SIM has roaming enabled, I have tested it in a 3G dongle and it works fine.
My SIM can send SMS whilst abroad using the Web Interface
It will never connect to any network whilst roaming though. I'm currently on Vodafone IT (Italy) and it shows "failed to connect" in the log
I have reset to factory defaults
I have check for newer code

Not sure where to go from here. Any advice? Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Roaming fails
2016-05-13 19:53:29
Hi, I managed to fix my own problem by manually defining Vodafone UK's APN information as per this link https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Office-and-leisure/Internet/52324246/Set-up-your-phone-for-internet.htm

This is clearly a bug in my opinion. The APN to use (which is already is aware of, as it works in the UK) should be that of the HOME network, not the ROAMING network. The date exchange network between operators allows the roaming between different places and calculates the billing. The router needs to look at the country where the SIM is registered when choosing an APN, rather than the location of the network it is connected to. You don't define a new APN on your iPhone when you travel do you.

Can this be raised as a bug please?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 1

Related Articles