Wa850re extender cannot access web interface after router restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-25 02:09:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

WA850RE EXTENDER CANNOT ACCESS WEB INTERFACE AFTER ROUTER RESTART

So first is adsl +2 ZTE router (192.168.2.1) without Wi-Fi. WA901ND access point (192.168.2.2) is connected to router and WA850RE (192.168.2.254) is the extender which is connected to access point.
Everything works perfect until power off, even only at the router.
And at this situation there is no problem because the extender works but I cannot connect to it with web interface program with the ip of the extender.
I’m connecting to network with Ethernet cable at router and everything is ok until reboot after power loss.
Because the extender is not close to me I have every time we have power loss in our building to take extender out of the power and put it back again, and everything is ok after that.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Wa850re extender cannot access web interface after router restart
2016-05-25 16:32:26
It is recommended that use the tplinkrepeater.net to login. In addition, you need to ensure your device is connected to it directly.
Options
2016-05-29 14:23:51
As i told you before i am connecting with ethernet cable to router, so i cannot access the extender from http://tplinkrepeater.net/
I am always connecting to wa850re with the ip address of the extender.

1 more i noticed yesterday is that after some hours after power off's i can connect again.

Solution Two:

In case both Wi-Fi network names are the same (e.g. MyHome on the router and MyHome on the range extender too), you may access the management page by using the Ethernet connection or range extender’s LAN IP.

By Ethernet connection if applicable: turn off the Wireless Connection on your computer, connect your computer to the range extender with an Ethernet cable and try http://tplinkrepeater.net;
[*]By LAN IP: go to the DHCP Client List on your router, check the range extender’s current IP and type it in the address bar.

Options
2016-05-29 14:26:38
And 2nd as i told at my first post, it isn't easy to connect to the extender with ethernet because it is a little far away.
I cannot all the times this happens to go to the extender.
Options
2016-06-03 15:22:09
Maybe you can try to Ping the IP address of repeater first? In addition, when you can't login, is there any error message?
Options
2016-06-03 17:08:21
Ping ip respond with timeout

No other messages appear
Options
2016-06-16 21:57:00
I have the same problem, I reset the extender and now I can’t enter to the web interface.

I´m connected with the cable and trying to enter via http://192.168.0.254 and the tplinkrepeater.net URL address and its doesn’t connect.

I made a ping to that the LAN direction 192.168.0.254 and It response back correctly, what else can I do ?
Options
2016-06-20 11:27:19

danielgomezco wrote

I have the same problem, I reset the extender and now I can’t enter to the web interface.

I´m connected with the cable and trying to enter via http://192.168.0.254 and the tplinkrepeater.net URL address and its doesn’t connect.

I made a ping to that the LAN direction 192.168.0.254 and It response back correctly, what else can I do ?

Maybe you can try to clear the history of your web browser.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1305

Replies: 7

Related Articles