Complete numpty, new to this, in trouble!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-26 22:18:54
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone. Came across this site while trying to sort out a problem. Can anyone possibly tell me what I've done wrong. Wanting to have some internet connection in Spain, I bought a TP Link 5350 mifi thingy yesterday in the UK and a 12 Gb'3' data sim. Set it up in the UK, somehow got into the settings and their helpline told me to chose the 'roaming' option which I did. Worked fine in the UK although slow - 3mps as opposed to 10mps with the same sim in an old 3G iPad. Came to spain, switched it on and nothing. I get a good signal strength on the mifi unit, I get a wifi signal on our two iPads and two iPhones but no 'Internet connection' symbol on the unit. There appears to be nothing wrong with the SIM card as it works in an iPhone although it won't allow tethering. Can't get any connection out here (tethering from the 75mb data I bought in my phone but that goes nowhere). Any ideas? If this goes on much longer I'll be forced to talk to the wife lol.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Complete numpty, new to this, in trouble!
2016-06-03 00:32:52
Just got back to the UK and it works as normal. I was sure I had set up 'roaming' in the menu before I left the UK. I did press the rest button whilst out there so it has probably reverted to factory settings. I have accesses the menu and chosen 'roaming' but of course, I'm not going to find out if it's all okay until I next go out there. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles