TL-WA901ND: Multi SSID + VLAN: How to change VLAN and IP-address of web gui access?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA901ND: Multi SSID + VLAN: How to change VLAN and IP-address of web gui access?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-31 00:21:27
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have configured my TL-WA901ND with Multi SSID and VLAN tagging.

That works fine, but how can I change the VLAN and IP address (assigned via dhcp) to access the web gui?

I am using the VLANs 20, 98 and 99.

In each VLAN is a dhcp server available. In the moment, the ethernet interface of the access point is assigned to VLAN 98 and gets an IP address in this IP subnet.

How can I change it, so it gets an IP address from VLAN 20 and the web gui is accessible only in this IP subnet?

Thanks,

markusd112
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND: Multi SSID + VLAN: How to change VLAN and IP-address of web gui access?
2016-06-01 09:53:53
If you want to let 901ND gets IP address from VLAN20, you just need to make sure that untagged packets from 901ND could go to VLAN20. That would be fine. But there are no way to only allow VLAN20 could access web gui. The wireless clients all could access its web gui.
Options
Re:TL-WA901ND: Multi SSID + VLAN: How to change VLAN and IP-address of web gui access?
2016-06-14 03:58:47
I have the same issue on the AP500 within Multi SSID Mode.
There is a feature needed whichs allows the admin to choose a VLAN for the management traffic instead of just sending it out untagged...

PS: I guess you can manage the AP from every SSID if the Client is connected wireless AND has an IP configured on the same subnet like the AP?
Options
2016-12-03 23:57:33
User "dottad" sent me a private message with a question regarding the above configuration (multi SSID and VLAN). But he has configured his account not to receive private messages, so I cannot reply. Here is my reply in the public thread, maybe he is reading it here :-)

Yes, I am using it with several VLANs for several SSID.

I have simply configured my switch port (Netgear prosafe line) into trunking mode with the VLAN-IDs I am using with my SSIDs. Additionally I have configured my switch to put all untagged ethernet packets coming from the TPlink into my management VLAN.

That works fine here...

Best regards

markus
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2452

Replies: 3